Eye of God
|Director/Writer:|| Tim Blake Nelson|
|Director of Photography:||Russell Lee Fine|
|Production Designer:||Patrick Geary|
|Producers:||Wendy Ettinger and Michael Nelson|
|Castle Hill Productions and Minnow Pictures; NR; 84 minutes|
|Cast:||Martha Plimpton, Kevin Anderson, Hal Holbrook and Nick Stahl|
Nelson effectively uses a fractured timeline to add complexity to a simple, heart-wrenchingly tragic story about a small-town woman's devastating marriage and the seemingly unrelated drama that unfolds when a 14-year-old boy (Stahl) is found wandering the streets, blood soaked and in a state of shock. A lonely waitress in a Bible belt town, Ainsley Dupree (Plimpton) impulsively marries a convict shortly after he's out of jail. She had been corresponding with Jack Shillings (Anderson) for years and was convinced he had been rehabilitated but learns, after they're married, that he nearly beat an old girlfriend to death. Slowly, Jack , a born-again Christian, begins to snap, leading Ainsley into a life of terror. The religious overtones are a bit heavy-handed at times.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Eye of God from Infoplease:
- Eye of God - Starring Martha Plimpton, Kevin Anderson
- Odell Shepard: A Nun - One glance and I had lost her in the riot Of tangled cries. She trod the clamor with a cloistral quiet Deep in her eyes As though she heard the muted
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: Alphonso of Castile - I, Alphonso, live and learn, Seeing Nature go astern. Things deteriorate in kind; Lemons run to leaves and rind; Meagre crop of figs and limes; Shorte
- Ezra: 5 - Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet…
- Epistle To Robert Graham, Esq., Of Fintry - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns The Fete Champetre Song.—The Day Returns ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring