Kathie Lee Giffordtalk-show host
Birthplace: Paris, France
Gospel singer turned perky, irreverent talk-show host best known for her morning show, Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (1989–2000). In 1996, she made headlines because sweat shops employing children manufactured her clothing line for Wal-Mart. With clever damage control, Gifford avoided public-relations disaster and became a talking head for fair labor practices. She is married to sports commentator Frank Gifford.
More on Kathie Lee Gifford from Infoplease:
- Adventures of Serial Buddies - Starring Paul Ashton, Hal Rudnick, Gian Molina, Todd Wilson, Maria Menounos
- Regis Philbin - Biography of Regis Philbin, Host of the TV morning show Live With Regis And..., 1988-2011
- Regis Philbin - Regis Philbin TV personality, talk show host Born: 8/25/1931 Birthplace: New York City Emmy-award ...
- Top News Stories from 2000 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 2000. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Selected Biographies: G - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters