|Opened: ||3/97 at the Lyceum Theater|
|With: ||Mandy Patinkin|
Broadway singer/Hollywood star Patinkin shuffles between modern theater and old-school shtick in his thoroughly entertaining one-man show. Backed only by piano accompaniment, he roasts a variety of musical chestnuts, from Sondheim's “Not a Day Goes By” and Carousel's “If I Love You” to Top 40 pop songs. Besides displaying an exceptional versatility, Patinkin proves he's a mercurial kind of guy: He punctuates his melodramatic ballads with a prickly wit, surprising pathos and even long-winded chats with the audience. All proceeds from the show were donated to charities.
More on Mandy Patinkin from Infoplease:
- Mandy Patinkin - Mandy Patinkin (Mandel Patinkin) actor, musician Born: 11/30/1952 Birthplace: Chicago Patinkin won ...
- Elmo in Grouchland - Elmo in Grouchland Director: Gary Halvorson Writers: Joseph Mazzarino and Mitchell Kriegman ...
- Men With Guns - Men With Guns Director/Writer/Editor: John Sayles Director of Photography: Slawomir Idziak Music: ...
- Yentl - Starring Barbra Streisand, Mandy Patinkin, Amy Irving, Nehemiah Persoff, Steven Hill
- Daniel - Starring Timothy Hutton, Mandy patinkin, Lindsay Crouse, Edward Asner, Ellen barkin