After a tumultuous year in which they dumped their longtime manager, endured drug rumors and reportedly revamped most of this album, the Boston-based band re-emerged with surprising strength. Yes, they're still coming up with song titles like “Pink” and “Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees),” proving that some men behaving badly will never grow up. But while Aerosmith may sound like some arena rock factory, the product they've packaged is still tough to resist. From the huge power anthem “Hole in My Soul,” to the Joe Perry guitar-slashing showcase “Crash,” these rowdy rockers sound as pumped as ever.
— Kevin O'Hare
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Aerosmith from Infoplease:
- Aerosmith - Aerosmith Just Push Play Columbia Big, brawny and very typical Aerosmith, Just Push Play mercifully ...
- Aerosmith - Aerosmith hard-rock band Grammy Award-winning hard-rock band known for its blues-influenced style, ...
- Aerosmith: Rock for the Rising Sun - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Star-Spangled Banner: controversies, history, lyricists - Read about the controversial, and botched, renditions of the American national anthem
- Steven Tyler - Biography of Steven Tyler, The lead singer for the rock band Aerosmith