|Director/Writer:|| Gregory Nava|
|Director of Photography:||Edward Lachman|
|Production Designer:||Cary White|
|Producers:||Moctesuma Esparza and Robert Katz|
|Warner Bros.; PG; 127 minutes|
|Cast:||Jennifer Lopez, Becky Lee Meza, Edward James Olmos, Jon Seda and Lupe Ontiveros|
She was a saucy but wholesome singer. She grew up poor and worked for a decade to win recognition as an artist. Her father didn't approve of her marriage to her band's guitarist, but love prevailed and dad came around. Just as she was about to cross over to wide audiences, the Mexican-American tejano star was gunned down by a deranged fan. That's Selena's life; there was probably much more to it, but the film doesn't delve any deeper and verges on hagiography. Lopez's Selena is convincing, especially in the many lip-synching concert scenes, and she saves the film from made-for-tv hokum.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Selena from Infoplease:
- Selena - Selena (Quintanilla Perez) tejano singer Born: 4/16/1971 Birthplace: Lake Jackson, Texas Grammy ...
- Selena - Starring Jennifer Lopez, Edward James Olmos, John Seda
- Selena - Biography of Selena, The 'Queen of Tejano'
- Hispanic American Musicians and Visual Artists - Notable Hispanic American musicians and visual artists
- N-Q - N-Q George Nakashima Nampeyo Crown Prince Naruhito Eliot Ness Benjamin Netanyahu Huey Newton Elvia ...