|Director:|| Bryan Spicer|
|Writer:|| Peter Crabbe|
|Director of Photography:||Buzz Feitshans IV|
|Production Designer:||Gene Rudolf|
|Producers:||Sid, Bill and Jon Sheinberg|
|Universal and the Bubble Factory; PG; 109 minutes|
|Cast:||Tom Arnold, David Alan Grier, Dean Stockwell, Debra Messing, Tim Curry and Ernest Borgnine|
One would think that after three dismal turns as a leading man (Carpool, Big Bully, The Stupids), Arnold would learn a lesson and stick to supporting roles as a lovable loser. No such luck. One also has to ask why make McHale's Navy into a movie when it was only fair '60s fare. Here, Arnold is McHale, a retired naval officer who lives in the Caribbean and supplies the troops with everything from beer to pinups. He comes out of retirement to thwart the destructive plans of the world's “second greatest terrorist” (Curry).
More on McHale's Navy from Infoplease:
- Ernest Borgnine - Biography of Ernest Borgnine, The Oscar winning star of the 1955 movie Marty
- Tom Arnold - Tom Arnold Born: 6/3/1959 Birthplace: Ottumwa, Iowa Produced and appeared in hit television series ...
- Ernest Borgnine - Ernest Borgnine (Ermes Effron Borgnine) actor Born: 1/24/1917 Birthplace: Hamden, Connecticut A ...
- Mr. Magoo - Mr. Magoo Director: Stanley Tong Writers: Pat Proft and Tom Sherohman Director of Photography: ...
- Movies and Film: Development: Birth of a Notion - Movies and Film Development: Birth of a Notion Movies and Film How a Film is Made Development: ...