City of Industry
|Director:|| John Irvin|
|Writer:|| Ken Solarz|
|Director of Photography:||Thomas Burstyn|
|Production Designer:||Michael Novotny|
|Producers:||Evzen Kolar and Ken Solarz|
|Orion; R; 97 minutes|
|Cast:||Harvey Keitel, Stephen Dorff, Famke Janssen, Timothy Hutton and Wade Dominguez|
We've seen this story played out plenty of times on the big screen, but Irvin presents a depressingly malevolent LA that seems to have further corrupted the souls of its already debauched citizenry. City of Industry also portrays crime as an indiscriminately multicultural employer. Lee Egan (Hutton) recruits his older brother, Roy (Keitel), Jorge Montana (Dominguez) and Skip (Dorff) to pull off one last heist. It's smooth sailing until it's time to divvy up the loot. The maniacal Skip gets greedy and shoots the other members of the crew. Roy escapes, eager for revenge. He teams up with Jorge's widow (Janssen) and chases Skip through the seedy streets of LA. Laconic and stylish, just the way film noir should be.
More on City of Industry from Infoplease:
- Álvaro Colom Caballeros - Colom Caballeros, Álvaro Colom Caballeros, Álvaro, 1951–, Guatemalan political ...
- Ellwood City - Ellwood City Ellwood City, industrial borough (1990 pop. 8,894), Beaver and Lawrence counties, W ...
- Taitung - Taitung Taitung or T'ai-tung, city (1995 pop. 110,095), W Taiwan. Rice, sugarcane, and peanuts ...
- Roanoke Rapids - Roanoke Rapids Roanoke Rapids, industrial city (1990 pop. 15,722), Halifax co., N N.C., on the ...
- Ralston Crawford - Crawford, Ralston Crawford, Ralston, 1906–78, American painter, b. St. Catherine's, Ont. ...