Star Trek: First Contact
|Director:|| Jonathan Frakes|
|Writers:|| Brannon Braga, Ronald D. Moore and Rick Berman|
|Director of Photography:||Matthew F. Leonetti|
|Editor:||John W. Wheeler|
|Production Designer:||Herman F. Zimmerman|
|Paramount; PG; 110 minutes|
|Cast:||Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, Alfre Woodard and James Cromwell|
In the eighth installment in the Star Trek movie series, the crew from television's Next Generation battles for (what else?) the survival of Earth and mankind as we know it. This time, the enemy is the dreaded Borg, a race of all-consuming, all-absorbing aliens out to assimilate all life forms into their collective consciousness. First Contact borrows its premise from the Next Generation two-part episode in which the Borg held Captain Picard (Stewart) hostage. The scenario sets up a Moby Dick scenario (Picard is so consumed by his hate for the Borg that he cannot make clear decisions regarding the safety of his ship and crew) that is initially subtle but is eventually drilled home with an in-your-face blunt force.
More on Star Trek First Contact from Infoplease:
- Star Trek: First Contact - Starring Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Brent Spiner
- Jonathan Frakes - Jonathan Frakes actor Born: 8/19/1952 Birthplace: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania Actor who has found his ...
- Patrick Stewart - Biography of Patrick Stewart, Star Trek's Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Jonathan Frakes - Biography of Jonathan Frakes, Commander Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation
- James Cromwell - Biography of James Cromwell, Farmer Hoggett in the movie Babe