My Best Friend's Wedding
|Director:|| P. J. Hogan|
|Writer:|| Ronald Bass|
|Director of Photography:||Laszlo Kovacs|
|Editors:||Garth Craven and Lisa Fruchtman|
|Music:||James Newton Howard|
|Production Designer:||Richard Sylbert|
|Producers:||Jerry Zucker and Ronald Bass|
|TriStar; PG-13; 112 minutes|
|Cast:||Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Cameron Diaz and Rupert Everett|
Roberts shines once again. She hasn't been this exuberant since Pretty Woman. But unfortunately, My Best Friend's Wedding is a drippy, contrived screwball comedy. Food critic Julianne Potter (Roberts) decides she's in love with her best friend and old boyfriend, Michael O'Neal (Mulroney), four days before his wedding. She uses every dirty trick in the book to break up the happy couple. The trouble is, Michael's flighty fiancée, Kimmy Wallace (Diaz), is absolutely adorable (not to mention loaded). Everett as Julianne's gay boss and confidant runs away with the film.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on My Best Friend's Wedding from Infoplease:
- Wedding Movies - A history of wedding movies
- My Best Friend's Wedding - Starring Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Cameron Diaz
- Julia Roberts - Biography of Julia Roberts, Star of the movie Pretty Woman
- Rupert Everett - Rupert Everett actor Born: 5/29/1959 Birthplace: Norfolk, England Well-regarded though somewhat ...
- Jerry Zucker - Jerry Zucker producer, writer, director, actor Born: 3/11/1950 Birthplace: Milwaukee, Wisconsin ...