|Director/Writer:|| Tony Gatlif|
|Director of Photography:|| Eric Guichard|
|Editor:||Nicole D.V. Berckmans|
|Shadow Distribution; NR; 80 minutes|
|Cast:||Ovidiu Balan, Philippe Petit, Pierette Fesch, Schahla Aalam, Jerry Smith, Maurice Maurin and Catherine Brun|
Simple yet profound, Mondo follows a 10-year-old homeless Gypsy boy, Mondo (Balan), as he wanders the streets of Nice, scrounging for food and enchanting everyone he meets. In looking at the world through Mondo's eyes, Gatlif has transformed everyday objects into objects of mythical beauty. This is the type of film that should not premiere in the summer; it's too likely to be forgotten at Oscar time.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Mondo from Infoplease:
- mondo: meaning and definitions - mondo: Definition and Pronunciation
- mondo grass: meaning and definitions - mondo grass: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mondo - Starring Ovidiu Balan, Schahla Aalam, Pierrette Fesch
- A Tale of a Naughty Girl (Mondo Meyer Upakhyan) - Starring Samata Das, Rituparna Sengupta, Arpan Basar, Tapas Pal, Ram Gopal Bajaj
- Yor, the Hunter from the Future (Il Mondo di Yor) - Starring Reb Brown, Corinne Clery, John Steiner, Carole André, Luciano Pigozzi