|Directors:|| John Musker and Ron Clements|
|Writers:|| Ron Clements, John Musker, Donald McEnery, Bob Shaw and Irene Mecchi|
|Music:||Alan Menken and David Zippel|
|Production Designer:||Gerald Scarfe|
|Producers:||Alice Dewey, John Musker and Ron Clements|
|Walt Disney Pictures; G; 87 minutes|
|Voices of:||Tate Donovan, Joshua Keaton, Roger Bart, Danny DeVito, James Woods, Paul Shaffer, Susan Egan and Charlton Heston|
After a string of duds, Disney's latest film event lives up to all the marketing hoopla. And the folks at the media giant are savvy enough to poke fun at their own excesses, having the hero of the title plug footwear and action figures bearing his likeness. Born among the gods, Hercules (voice of Donovan) is sent down to Earth where he grows into an awkward teen dubbed Jercules by his peers. Satyr Phil (voice of De Vito) whips the boy into shape so he can join dad Zeus (Torn) and other immortals on Mt. Olympus. Trouble brews when delicious villain Hades (voice of Woods) tries to lure Hercules to the underworld through the vampy Meg (Egan).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Hercules from Infoplease:
- Hercules'-club - Hercules'-club Hercules'-club, common name for several small, thorny trees, chiefly the ...
- Hercules, in astronomy - Hercules Hercules , in astronomy, northern constellation located between Lyra and Corona Borealis. ...
- Pillars of Hercules: meaning and definitions - Pillars of Hercules: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hercules, Greek hero - Hercules Hercules , Heracles,or Herakles, most popular of all Greek heroes, famous for ...
- Children of Hercules: meaning and definitions - Children of Hercules: Definition and Pronunciation