|Director/Writer:|| Lance Young|
|Director of Photography:||Mike Molloy|
|Music:||Jan A. P. Kaczmarek|
|Triumph Films; R; 105 minutes|
|Cast:||Craig Sheffer, Sheryl Lee, Terence Stamp and Spalding Gray|
Bliss may have worked as a soft-core comedy. It's barely watchable as a preachy, New-Age self-help film. Six months into their marriage, Joseph (Sheffer) and Maria (Lee) are already seeing a counselor (Gray), to whom Maria admits she fakes orgasms. When Joseph discovers she is seeking additional help from sex therapist Baltazar Vincenza (Stamp), Joseph confronts the hands-on practitioner and ends up a patient himself. Joseph puts Vincenza's advice to the test on Maria, and memories of past sexual abuse arise. Made-for-television movies are Oscar-worthy compared to this.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Bliss from Infoplease:
- blissful: meaning and definitions - blissful: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fort Bliss - Fort Bliss Fort Bliss, U.S. army post, 1,122,500 acres (454,300 hectares), W Tex., E of El Paso; ...
- bliss: meaning and definitions - bliss: Definition and Pronunciation
- Philip Paul Bliss - Bliss, Philip Paul Bliss, Philip Paul, 1838–76, American evangelist and writer of gospel ...
- Daniel Bliss - Bliss, Daniel Bliss, Daniel, 1823–1916, American missionary, b. Franklin co., Vt., founder of ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring