|Director:|| Mick Jackson|
|Writers:|| Jerome Armstrong and Billy Ray|
|Director of Photography:||Theo van de Sande|
|Editors:||Michael Tronick and Don Brochu|
|Production Designer:||Jackson Degovia|
|Producers:||Neal H. Mortiz and Andrew Z. Davis|
|Twentieth Century Fox; PG-13; 120 minutes|
|Cast:||Tommy Lee Jones, Anne Heche, Gaby Hoffman and Don Cheadle|
Summer in Hollywood seems to start earlier and earlier each year. Volcano,the summer's first big-budget blockbuster, hit theaters in April. Mike Roark (Jones), the workaholic Office of Emergency Management chief, and spunky Cal Tech seismologist Amy Barnes (Heche) struggle to figure out what's causing LA manhole covers to rocket into the sky. The city is more accustomed to dealing with earthquakes than volcanoes and is in no way prepared for the trouble brewing underneath the La Brea Tar Pits. The lava flows and the volcanic explosions are quite impressive, but not enough to overcome the nagging predictability of another special-effects-driven film.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Volcano from Infoplease:
- volcano - volcano volcano, vents or fissures in the earth's crust through which gases, molten rock, or ...
- Volcanoes - One of the most fascinating, if tragic, natural disasters of the last two thousand years occurred on August 24, 79 A.D. On this day, Mount Vesuvius (located near Naples, Italy) erupted, engulfing the nearby cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in a tremendous flow of cinder, ashes, and mud.
- Volcanoes of the World - Volcanoes of the World The Nature of Volcanoes Recent Volcanic Activity The Deadliest Volcanic ...
- Mount Saint Helens - Dormant since 1857, Mount St. Helens erupted on May 18, 1980 in one of the largest volcanic explosions in North American history.
- Principal Types of Volcanoes - Principal Types of Volcanoes Source: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey Cinder Cones ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring