The Fifth Element
|Director:|| Luc Besson|
|Writers:|| Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen|
|Director of Photography:||Thierry Arbogast|
|Production Designer:||Dan Weil|
|Columbia; PG-13; 105 minutes|
|Cast:||Bruce Willis, Gary Oldman, Ian Holm, Milla Jovovich and Chris Tucker|
Besson kept details about this futuristic comic-book epic top secret, which led many to believe he had fashioned something extraordinary. Not the case. Aimless, downtrodden New York City cabdriver Korben Dallas (Willis), a former fighter pilot, gets caught up in saving the universe after a mysterious woman, Leeloo (Jovovich), literally falls into his back seat. The two, with the help of an overwhelmed priest (Holm), must recover the ancient weapon designed to ward off unspeakable evil headed for Earth. Zorg (Oldman), a nefarious arms dealer, is after the same weapon, but for different reasons. The film's visual effects, inspired by Metropolis and Blade Runner, are absolutely stunning, but they dwarf the simple plot and one-dimensional characters.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Fifth Element from Infoplease:
- The Fifth Element - Starring Bruce Willis, Gary Oldman, Ian Holm, Milla Jovovich, Chris Tucker
- sodium chloride: Bibliography - Bibliography See G. L. Eskew, Salt, the Fifth Element (1948); D. W. Kaufmann, ed., Sodium Chloride ...
- Tricky - Biography of Tricky, Gravel-voiced producer of trip-hop records
- 1997 Cannes Film Festival - 1997 Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or The Taste of Cherry, Abbas Kiarostami (Iran) and Unagi ...
- 1998 British Academy of Film and Television Awards - 1998 British Academy of Film and Television Awards The 1998 BAFTA Awards, the British equivalent of ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring