Addicted to Love
|Director:|| Griffin Dunne|
|Writer:|| Robert Gordon|
|Director of Photography:||Andrew Dunn|
|Production Designer:||Robin Standefer|
|Producers:||Jeffrey Silver and Bobby Newmyer|
|Warner Bros.; R; 97 minutes|
|Cast:||Meg Ryan, Matthew Broderick, Kelly Preston, Tcheky Karyo and Maureen Stapleton|
Why on earth was the perky Ryan cast as a toughy biker out for revenge? She can't pull off the transformation, even with the help of heavy black eyeliner and clunky black boots. Jilted by their lovers, Sam (Broderick) and Maggie (Ryan) team up in an abandoned building to spy on their exes, Anton (Karyo) and Linda (Preston), who are living together in a hip loft across the street. Sure, Maggie and Sam are essentially stalkers, but they're not as creepy as Jim Carrey was in The Cable Guy. The peeping pair devise screwball schemes to break up the amorous couple. Dunne's use of the camera obscura, which transforms their room into a topsy-turvy screen for the world outside, is the only reason to see this uneven comedy on the big screen.
More on Addicted to Love from Infoplease:
- Addicted to Love - Starring Meg Ryan, Matthew Broderick, Kelly Preston, Tcheky Karyo
- Robert Palmer - Robert Palmer Age: 54 dapper rock musician who played with several British rock groups before ...
- Kelly Preston - Biography of Kelly Preston, The actress who's John Travolta's wife
- Robert Palmer - Robert Palmer rock musician Born: 1/19/1949 Birthplace: Batley, England Veteran of a number of ...
- 1986 Grammy Awards - 1986 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Higher Love,” Steve Winwood Album of the Year ...