|Director of Photography:||Kramer Morgenthau|
|Editors:||Allan Miller and Donald Klocek|
|Producers:||Susan Kaplan and Walter Scheur|
|Miramax; G; 120 minutes|
|With:||Roberta Guaspari-Tzavaras, Isaac Stern, Itzhak Perlman, Midori, Mark O'Connor, Ani and Ida Kavafian and Arnold Steinhardt|
This inspirational documentary deservedly earned a 1995 Academy Award nomination (it was formerly called Fiddlefest). Divorced mother Guaspari-Tzavaras taught music in the New York City school system until the budget ax eliminated her job. Dedicated to music and her students, she established a foundation and raised money to create her own violin program in three East Harlem schools. The film follows Guaspari-Tzavaras as she lugs her equipment from school to school, teaching students who range from young beginners to high-school students. The students' recitals include performing for an auditorium full of parents and playing the “Star-Spangled Banner” before a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden and a Carnegie Hall appearance accompanied by Isaac Stern and Itzhak Perlman.
More on Small Wonders from Infoplease:
- Small Wonders - Small Wonders Buena Vista; rental pricing Feature; G Director: Allan Miller With: Roberta ...
- Small Wonders - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- State Nicknames - State Nicknames Alabama Yellowhammer State Alaska The state is commonly called “The Last ...
- The Music Teacher (Le Maître de musique) - Starring José van Dam, Anne Roussel, Philippe Volter, Sylvie Fennec, Patrick Bauchau
- Delaware - Information on Delaware — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.