A Single Girl
|Director:|| Benoit Jacquot|
|Writers:|| Benoit Jacquot and Jerome Beaujour|
|Director of Photography:|| Caroline Champetier|
|Editor:|| Pascale Chavance|
|Strand Releasing; NR; 90 minutes|
|Cast:||Virginie Ledoyen, Benoit Magimel, Dominique Valadie and Vera Briole|
|In French with English subtitles|
A superbly acted film that perfectly captures the spirit of youth and beauty. Filmed in real time often with a hand-held camera, A Single Girl follows 19-year-old Valérie (Ledoyen) as she grapples with a life decision. On her way to a new job as a room-service waitress at a swank hotel, she tells her boyfriend, Rémi (Magimel), that she's pregnant. His sullen reaction causes Valérie to question their relationship, and she tells him she's having the child with or without his support. Her day doesn't get much better at work, as she's sexually assaulted, accused of vomiting in a guest's room and treated with icy suspicion by her co-workers. French New Wave '90s style.
More on Single Girl from Infoplease:
- Helen Gurley Brown - Brown, Helen Gurley Brown, Helen Gurley, 1922–, American writer and editor, b. Green Forest, ...
- 2009 Brit Awards - 2009 Brit Awards winners from Outstanding Contribution To Music to British Live Act.
- Joseph Heller - Biography of Joseph Heller, The author of Catch-22
- Helen Gurley Brown - Helen Gurley Brown magazine editor, writer Born: 2/18/1922 Birthplace: Green Forest, Ark. Helen ...
- Louisa May Alcott: Artistic Attempts - It takes people a long time to learn the difference between talent and genius, especially ambitious young men and women. Amy was learning this distinc