|Director:|| Steve James|
|Writers:|| Steve James and Eugene Corr|
|Director of Photography:||Peter Gilbert|
|Production Designer:||Carol Winstead Wood|
|Producers:|| Irby Smith, Jon Lutz, Mark Doonan and Peter Gilbert|
|Hollywood Pictures; PG-13; 106 minutes|
|Cast:||Jared Leto, R. Lee Ermey, Breckin Meyer, Lindsay Crouse, Brian McGovern and Amy Locane|
James should stick to the things he does best: documentaries. Part of the problem with Prefontaine is that there doesn't appear to be a whole lot to work with. While Steve Prefontaine was certainly charismatic on the track and successful in his fight for the rights of amateur athletes, he died in a car accident at 24 and kept his personal life personal. In Hoop Dreams, James explored the lives and minds of his subjects over the course of years, but in Prefontaine, the filmmaker seems to only celebrate a runner's flash of evanescent talent. A bland disappointment.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Prefontaine from Infoplease:
- Steve Prefontaine - Biography of Steve Prefontaine, Oregon running legend and subject of the film Prefontaine
- Steve Prefontaine - Steve Prefontaine Born: Jan. 25, 1951 Track & Field All-America distance runner at Oregon; ...
- Bill Bowerman - Bill Bowerman Age: 88 Oregon track coach from 1949-72 who co-founded Nike with his former student ...
- Jared Leto - Biography of Jared Leto, Star of Prefontaine and singer for 30 Seconds to Mars
- Without Limits - Starring Billy Crudup, Donald Sutherland, Monica Potter, Jeremy Sisto, Billy Burke