|Director of Photography:||Janusz Kaminski|
|Editor:|| Joe Hutshing|
|Production Designer:||Stephen Lineweaver|
|Producers:|| James L. Brooks, Laurence Mark, Richard Sakai and Cameron Crowe|
|TriStar; R; 135 minutes|
|Cast:|| Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Renee Zellweger, Kelly Preston, Jonathan Lipnicki, Jerry O'Connell, Jay Mohr, Todd Louiso, Regina King, Bonnie Hunt and Beau Bridges|
This is why Cruise is the leading man of movies. In the quirky Jerry Maguire, he's funny, charming, tender and modest — simultaneously. But he's not the only hit; the entire cast is right on track, with scene-stealing performances from Oscar-winner Gooding, Jr., Hunt and Zellweger, whose facial expressions speak volumes. Realizing his profession is full of money-hungry cads (and he has become one of them), sports agent Jerry Maguire (Cruise) writes a mission statement that stresses less money, fewer clients and more human contact. Sure, it's a good idea, but not one you talk about, never mind publish. His stream of consciousness gets him fired, and he walks away with only one client, second-tier football player Rod Tidwell (Gooding, Jr.), and one employee, accountant Dorothy Boyd (Zellweger). Maguire finds inspiration in Tidwell, an arrogant loudmouth, who teaches Maguire the value of family and loyalty. Crowe manages to spin a feel-good tale that always stops short of being mawkish.
More on Jerry Maguire from Infoplease:
- Cameron Crowe - Interview - Crowe's Almost Famous Director Cameron Crowe and co-star Kate Hudson talk about groupies, the ...
- Jerry Maguire - Jerry Maguire Columbia TriStar; $14.95 Feature; R Director: Cameron Crow Cast: Tom Cruise, Renee ...
- Jerry Maguire - Starring Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Renee Zellweger, Kelly Preston, Jerry O'Connell
- Top 10 Sports Movies - The following list includes the top 10 sports movies of all time, according to the American Film Institute, including movies such as Raging Bull, Rocky, and The Pride of the Yankees.
- 1996 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards - 1996 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards Best Picture Fargo Best Actor Geoffrey Rush, Shine ...