In Love and War
|Director:|| Richard Attenborough|
|Writers:||Allan Scott, Clancy Sigal and Anna Hamilton Phelan|
|Director of Photography:||Roger Pratt|
|Production Designer:||Stuart Craig|
|Producers:||Dimitri Villard and Richard Attenborough|
|New Line; PG-13; 115 minutes|
|Cast:||Chris O'Donnell and Sandra Bullock|
With their all-American, athletic attractiveness, Bullock and O'Donnell are not well suited to period pieces. It's difficult to say exactly what makes this film so flat and unbelievable, but casting is a good place to start. When one thinks of Hemingway, an image of a hard-drinking, man of the earth comes to mind, not Robin, the boy wonder. As a young, aspiring writer, Hemingway (O'Donnell) joins a Red Cross volunteer corps that transports injured Italian soldiers during World War I. Bored with his duties, he starts bringing goodies to the troops on the front lines and is injured. While convalescing, he falls in love with his nurse, older woman Agnes von Kurowsky (Bullock). He proposes to her and she breaks his heart. Papa would have told the story better.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on In Love and War from Infoplease:
- Oh! What a Lovely War - Starring Wendy Alnutt, Colin Farrell, Malcolm McFee, John Rae, Corin Redgrave
- Classical Mythology: All's Not Fair in Love and War: The Fall of Troy - Classical Mythology figure Paris is given Golden Apple that he gives to Aphrodite for her help courting Helen. Following are Menelaus' trip to retrieve Helen and start of the Trojan War.
- Ishtar: meaning and definitions - Ishtar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Léon Damas - Damas, Léon Damas, Léon (Léon-Gentran Damas), 1912–78, French poet, b. ...
- Ernest Hemingway: Bibliography - Bibliography See his letters, ed. by C. Baker (1989) and ed. by M. J. Bruccoli (1996); M. S. ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring