|Director:|| Doug Pray|
|Narrative Structure:||Brian Levy|
|Director of Photography:|| Robert Bennett|
|Editors:||Doug Pray and Joan Zapata|
|Producer:|| Steven Helvey|
|Cinepix Film Properties; NR; 84 minutes|
|With:|| Eddie Vedder, Gas Huffer, Jonathan Poneman, Bruce Pavitt, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden|
It's common knowledge that the media and a couple of savvy entrepreneurs destroyed the garage-band culture of early-1990s Seattle when they manufactured a national phenomenon. But Pray takes a smart look back to how it used to be, before bands sold out to grunge capitalists Poneman and Pavitt, founders of Sub Pop Records, the label that nurtured and marketed the hell out of bands like Mudhoney and Pearl Jam. Pray chronicles the rise of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and lesser-known groups such as Seven Year Bitch and Coffin Break. Interviews with band members reveal some bitterness about how all the hoopla ruined the grunge scene.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Hype from Infoplease:
- Hype - Hype WB Sunday 9:00–9:30 p.m. Cast: Michael Roof, Jennifer Elise Cox, Gavin Crawford, Daniele ...
- hyped-up: meaning and definitions - hyped-up: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hype! - Hype! Republic; $19.98 Documentary; NR Director: Doug Pray The perfect pick to watch in your ...
- hype: meaning and definitions - hype: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hype! - Starring Valerie M. Agnew, Carrie Akre, Jeff Ament, Dawn Anderson, Michael Anderson
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring