Birthplace: Lebanon, Missouri
Prolific playwright whose works center on dynamic characters, often plagued by psychological problems. In 1969, he co-founded the Circle Repertory Company. His plays include So Long at the Fair (1963), The Mound Builders (1975), Redwood Curtain (1993), and the 1980 Pulitzer Prize winner, Talley's Folly.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Lanford Wilson from Infoplease:
- Lanford Wilson - Wilson, Lanford Wilson, Lanford, 1937–, American playwright, b. Lebanon, Mo. An important ...
- Wilson: meaning and definitions - Wilson: Definition and Pronunciation
- 1996–1997 Obie Awards - 1996–1997 Obie Awards Best Play: Naomi Wallace, One Flea Spare Best Production: Peter and ...
- 1982–1983 Obie Awards - 1982–1983 Obie Awards Best New American Play Tina Howe, Harry Kondoleon and David Mamet ...
- 1972–1973 Obie Awards - 1972–1973 Obie Awards Best American Play Joseph A. Walker, The River Niger Lanford Wilson, ...