Birthplace: Gottwaldov, Czechoslovakia
Tony Award-winning playwright known for his dazzling wordplay and clever constructions. His plays include Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (1966), Travesties (1974), The Real Thing (1982), and films Shakespeare in Love (1998, written with Marc Norman) and Enigma (2001).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Tom Stoppard from Infoplease:
- Stoppard: meaning and definitions - Stoppard: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tom Stoppard - Stoppard, Tom Stoppard, Tom, 1937–, English playwright, b. Zlín, Czechoslovakia (now ...
- Anna Karenina - Starring Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kelly Macdonald, Matthew Macfadyen
- 1998 New York Film Critics Circle Awards - 1998 New York Film Critics Circle Awards Best Picture: Saving Private Ryan Best Actor: Nick Nolte, ...
- 1998 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards - 1998 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards Best Picture: Saving Private Ryan Best Actor: Ian ...