George Bernard Shawplaywright, essayist, critic
Birthplace: Dublin, Ireland
Nobel Prize-winning playwright, essayist and critic known for his witty, intelligent dramas of ideas. He was a founder of the Fabian Society (1883), a group of writers committed to promoting socialism. His plays include Candida (1896) and Pygmalion (1913).Died: 11/2/1950
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on George Bernard Shaw from Infoplease:
- George Bernard Shaw - Biography of George Bernard Shaw, The author of Pygmalion
- shaw: meaning and definitions - shaw: Definition and Pronunciation
- July 26 Birthdays: George Bernard Shaw - July 26 birthdays: George Bernard Shaw, Helen Mirren, Salvador Allende, Aldous Huxley, Serge Koussevitzky, Carl Jung, Stanley Kubrick, Sandra Bullock, Kevin Spacey, Mick Jagger, Charlotte Beers
- George Bernard Shaw - Shaw, George Bernard Shaw, George Bernard, 1856–1950, Irish playwright and critic. He ...
- George Bernard Shaw: Bibliography - Bibliography See his collected plays with their prefaces, ed. by D. H. Laurence (7 vol., ...