Athol Fugardplaywright, actor
Birthplace: Middleburg, Cape Province, South Africa
South Africa's premier playwright whose works, many which have been banned in his country, deal with contemporary South Africa and the psychological and physical barriers confronted in trying to overcome apartheid. His works include Blood Knot (1960), Boesman and Lena (1970) and A Lesson From Aloes (1978). He also appeared in a role in The Killing Fields (1984).
More on Athol Fugard from Infoplease:
- Fugard: meaning and definitions - Fugard: Definition and Pronunciation
- Athol Fugard - Fugard, Athol Fugard, Athol (Athol Harold Lanigan Fugard), 1932–, South African playwright, ...
- James Earl Jones - Jones, James Earl Jones, James Earl, 1931–, American actor, b. Tate co., Miss. Jones achieved ...
- 1991–1992 Obie Awards - 1991–1992 Obie Awards Best New American Plays (Tie) Donald Margulies, Sight Unseen Robbie ...
- 1996 Lucille Lortel Awards - 1996 Lucille Lortel Awards The Lucille Lortel Awards, which include commercial and nonprofit ...