W. C. Fields(William Claude Dukenfield)
Comic stage, film, and radio actor best known for his raspy voice, bulbous nose, and portrayals of drunk, down-and-out scoundrels. His films include It's a Gift (1934), The Man on the Flying Trapeze (1935) and David Copperfield (1935).Died: 12/25/1946
More on W C Fields from Infoplease:
- Fields: meaning and definitions - Fields: Definition and Pronunciation
- W. C. Fields - Fields, W. C. Fields, W. C. (William Claude Fields), 1880–1946, American comic actor, b. ...
- Florenz Ziegfeld - Ziegfeld, Florenz Ziegfeld, Florenz , 1869–1932, American theatrical producer, b. Chicago. In ...
- vaudeville - vaudeville vaudeville , originally a light song, derived from the drinking and love songs formerly ...
- burlesque - burlesque burlesque [Ital.,=mockery], form of entertainment differing from comedy or farce in that ...