Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska
Academy Award-winning actor whose inward-looking style and rough but sexy appeal established him as one of Hollywood's most respected actors. Brando, a practitioner of Method acting, appeared in A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), On the Waterfront (1954) and The Godfather (1972). He won the Best Actor Oscar for The Godfather but refused the award in protest of Hollywood's treatment of Native Americans.
More on Marlon Brando from Infoplease:
- Brando: meaning and definitions - Brando: Definition and Pronunciation
- Marlon Brando - Brando, Marlon Brando, Marlon, 1924–2004, American film actor, often described as the ...
- Marlon Brando - Biography of Marlon Brando, Don Corleone in The Godfather
- Marlon Brando - Marlon Brando Age: 80 Academy Award–winning actor considered a singular practitioner of ...
- Apocalypse Now Redux - Apocalypse Now Redux Director: Francis Ford Coppola Writers: Francis Ford Coppola and John Milius ...