Pierre Boulezavant-garde conductor, composer
Birthplace: Montbrison, France
Grammy Award-winning conductor and composer considered a leader of the avant-garde. His works include Le Marteau sans maître (1954) and Pli selon pli (1960). He was music director and conductor of the New York Philharmonic-Symphony Orchestra (1971–77) and is currently director of the Insitut de Recherche et de Coordination Acoustique/Music in Paris (1976–present).
More on Pierre Boulez from Infoplease:
- Boulez: meaning and definitions - Boulez: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pierre Boulez - Boulez, Pierre Boulez, Pierre , 1925–, French composer and conductor. He studied at the Paris ...
- Henri Pousseur - Pousseur, Henri Pousseur, Henri , 1929–, Belgian composer, b. Malmédy. Pousseur is ...
- aleatory music - aleatory music aleatory music [Lat. alea=dice game], music in which elements traditionally ...
- 1979 Gramophone Awards - 1979 Gramophone Awards Chamber (Record of the Year) Haydn, Piano Trios, Beaux Arts Trio (Philips) ...