Iranian president, taunted the U.S. throughout the year with the pursuit of a nuclear program, in bold defiance of the Security Council's threat of sanctions. Ahmadinejad has been anti-Western and venomously anti-Israeli, announcing that Israel was a “disgraceful blot” that should be “wiped off the map.”
More on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from Infoplease:
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, former mayor of Teheran and a hard-line conservative, was elected president of ...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Biography of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran, 2005-2013
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Ahmadinejad, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mahmoud , 1956–, Iranian politician. From a humble ...
- Year in Review, 2009 - A synopsis of the disputed 2009 presidential election in Iran|Major World News Stories of 2009
- Year in Review, 2011 - A synopsis of Iran's nuclear program and controversy|Advances in Nuclear Program Lead to Additional Sanctions