Japanese actor who was nominated for an Oscar for his role in the 1966 film The Sand Pebbles. He was a cofounder of East West Players, the first Asian-American theater troupe. Died: Somis, Calif., July 21, 2006
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Mako from Infoplease:
- mako - mako mako , heavy-bodied, fast-swimming shark, genus Isurus, highly prized as a game fish. Also ...
- mako: meaning and definitions - mako: Definition and Pronunciation
- Makó - Makó Makó , town (1991 est. pop. 27,160), S Hungary, on the Mureşul River near ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/mako - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Mako: The Jaws of Death (1976) - Starring Richard Jaeckel, Jennifer Bishop, Buffy Dee, Harold Sakata, John Davis Chandler