Billy PrestonAge: 59
R&B keyboardist who, in the 1960s and '70s, was one of the most sought after studio musicians. He played with the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He gained wide fame, however, for accompanying the Beatles on their last album, Let It Be, and on a London rooftop in 1969 for their last concert. Died: Scotsdale, Ariz., June 6, 2006
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Billy Preston from Infoplease:
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Starring Peter Frampton, Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb, Maurice Gibb, Frankie Howerd
- Concert for George - Starring Joe Brown, Eric Claptin, Jools Holland, Sam Brown, Jeff Lynne
- 1972 Grammy Awards - 1972 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” Roberta ...
- Fastball - Fastball The Harsh Light of Day Hollywood If you're feeling overrun by all the teen pop and ...
- Top News Stories from 1973 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1973. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data