June 2006 Disasters
- June 9, Arusha, Tanzania: an overloaded bus plunged into a ravine, killing 54 people.
- June 19, Houston, Tex.: eleven inches of rain drenched the Houston area.
- June 22–28, Northeastern United States: a week of heavy rain on the East Coast killed 16 people in storm-related deaths and caused extensive flooding and road damage. Rainfall records were set in many areas with rainfall exceeding 10 to 14 inches.
- June, southern China: the worst flooding in 30 years caused more than 340 storm-related deaths in June
- June, southern United States: a significant drought has persisted across the southern states since October 2005.
See also Major Earthquakes Around the World 2006
See also Estimated Deaths from Earthquakes, 2006
See also Recent Volcanic Activity