government official, was elevated to White House chief of staff after the March resignation of Andy Card. Bolten was deputy chief of staff during President Bush's first term and became director of the Office of Management and Budget in 2005. Critics suggested that Bush, facing the lowest approval ratings of his tenure, should have selected an outsider and made more broad changes to his inner circle.
More on Joshua Bolten from Infoplease:
- Joshua Bolten - Biography of Joshua Bolten, Chief of Staff to George W. Bush, 2006-2009
- John Bolton - Biography of John Bolton, Mustachioed U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, 2005-06
- March 2006 - March 2006 World India and the U.S. Agree on Nuclear Pact (March 2): Controversial deal allows ...
- July 2007 - July 2007 Here are the key news events of the month organized into three categories: World News, ...
- July 2008 Current Events - July 2008 Current Events Here are the key news events of the month organized into three categories: ...