Sarah CaldwellAge: 82
opera director and conductor who founded the Boston Opera Group, later called the Opera Company of Boston. She was also the first woman to conduct the Metropolitan Opera. She produced more than 100 operas in her 30-year career. Died: Portland, Maine, March 23, 2006
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Sarah Caldwell from Infoplease:
- Caldwell: meaning and definitions - Caldwell: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sarah Caldwell - Caldwell, Sarah Caldwell, Sarah, 1924–2006, American opera director and conductor, b. ...
- Missouri - Information on Missouri — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Famous Firsts by American Women, 1901–Present - Major milestones achieved by women throughout history
- January 1997 - January 1997 Bryant Gumbel Archive Photos 1 The controversial television ratings system debuts on ...