John Blairframer of the Constitution, justice
Birthplace: Williamsburg, Va.
Before participating in the Constitutional Convention of 1787, Blair helped draw up Virginia's constitution in 1776. He was chosen by President Washington as an associate justice of the Supreme Court, where he served from 1789 to 1796.Died: York Cliffs, Maine, 1800
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on John Blair from Infoplease:
- John BLAIR - John BLAIR (1790-1863) BLAIR, John, a Representative from Tennessee; born at Blairs Mill, near ...
- Members of Congress: Territory of Dakota - Biographies of United States senators and representatives from Territory of Dakota
- Article VII - Article VII [Constitution to be considered adopted when ratified by nine states.] The ratification ...
- U.S. Constitution Primer - U.S. Constitution Primer Balancing the rights of the federal government, the states, and ...
- Supreme Court Justices (table) - Supreme Court Justices (including dates on bench) Chief Justices John Jay 1789–95 John ...