Johnnie JohnsonAge: 80
blues and rock pianist who played with Chuck Berry for more than 20 years. They collaborated on such hits as “Roll Over Beethoven,” “Maybellene,” and “Brown-Eyed Handsome Man.” Berry wrote the song “Johnny B. Goode” in honor of Johnson. Died: St. Louis, April 13, 2005
More on Johnnie Johnson from Infoplease:
- Paul Green - Green, Paul Green, Paul, 1894–1981, American dramatist, b. Lillington, N.C., grad. Univ. of ...
- Kurt Weill - Weill, Kurt Weill, Kurt , 1900–1950, German-American composer, b. Dessau, studied with ...
- Black Musicians - The following list includes African-American singers, composers, rappers, pianists, and other musicians who have contributed to the world of music, including Count Basie, Akon, Natalie Cole, Missy Elliot, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, and more.
- Biographies of Famous African Americans - Read biographies of notable african-americans.
- Consensus All-America Team - Consensus All-America Team (By position, in alphabetical order) Offense WR Emanuel Tolbert, SMU TE ...