Elias HoweBorn: 1819
Sewing Machine. Howe invented the first practical sewing machine after watching his wife sew. His machine's locked-stitch technique is still used today.Died: 1867
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Elias Howe from Infoplease:
- Elias Howe - Howe, Elias Howe, Elias, 1819–67, American inventor, b. Spencer, Mass. He was apprenticed in ...
- Elias Howe - Biography of Elias Howe, The inventor of the sewing machine
- howe: meaning and definitions - howe: Definition and Pronunciation
- Isaac Merrit Singer - Singer, Isaac Merrit Singer, Isaac Merrit, 1811–75, American inventor, b. Rensselaer co., ...
- This Day in History: September 10 - September 10 Yesterday Tomorrow 1813 Oliver H. Perry sent his famous message, "We have met the ...