Vannevar BushBorn: 1890
Differential Analyzer. During WWII, Bush headed the Office of Scientific Research and Development, overseeing the work of 6,000 scientists developing over 200 military weapons and instruments. His most significant invention was the differential analyzer, an analog computer that solved differential equations with as many as 18 independent variables.Died: 1974
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Vannevar Bush from Infoplease:
- bush: meaning and definitions - bush: Definition and Pronunciation
- Vannevar Bush - Bush, Vannevar Bush, Vannevar , 1890–1974, American electrical engineer and physicist, b. ...
- Claude Elwood Shannon - Shannon, Claude Elwood Shannon, Claude Elwood, 1916–2001, American applied mathematician, b. ...
- computer: Development of Computers - Development of Computers Although the development of digital computers is rooted in the abacus and ...
- March 11 Birthdays: Torquato Tasso - March 11 birthdays: Torquato Tasso, Harold Wilson, Sir Malcolm Campbell, Vannevar Bush, Rupert Murdoch, Antonin Scalia, Ralph Abernathy