Robert CreeleyAge: 78
influential poet, essayist, short-story writer who was a leading member of the Black Mountain school of poetry. Known for his spare, compressed style, Creeley typically wrote emotional, intimate poems. In 1999, he won poetry's highest honor, the Bollingen Prize. Died: Odessa, Texas, March 30, 2005
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Robert Creeley from Infoplease:
- Creeley: meaning and definitions - Creeley: Definition and Pronunciation
- Robert Creeley - Creeley, Robert Creeley, Robert, 1926–2005, American poet, b. Arlington, Mass. He lived in ...
- Bollingen Prize in Poetry - Find all the winners of the Bollingen Prize in Poetry since 1949
- Top News Stories from 1974 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1974. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- American literature: The Lost Generation and After - The Lost Generation and After The years immediately after World War I brought a highly vocal ...