Republican senator from Kansas, introduced a bill in August that called for the dismantling of the CIA and the creation of three new spy agencies—the National Clandestine Service, Office of National Assessments, and Office of Technical Support—and the office of national intelligence director, which will have budgetary control over entire intelligence budget. Roberts, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said, “If you believe that the intelligence community is doing just fine, thank you, then obviously this is not your bill.”
More on Pat Roberts from Infoplease:
- Charles Patrick (Pat) ROBERTS - Charles Patrick (Pat) ROBERTS (1936-Â ) Senate Years of Service: 1997- Party: Republican ...
- Charles Patrick (Pat) ROBERTS - ROBERTS, Charles Patrick (Pat) (1936—) Senate Years of Service: 1997- Party: Republican ...
- Senate Standing Committees, 113th Congress - See a list of 113th Congress Senate Committees and select committee members.
- Kansas - Information on Kansas — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- The Senate - The Senate Dates in left column indicate term in office; birth years are given in parentheses after ...