Henri Cartier-BressonAge: 95
esteemed French photojournalist whose images chronicled momentous events and made art out of the otherwise mundane. He had a gift for capturing “the decisive moment,” occurrences at their most significant point. Died: France, Aug. 3, 2004
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Henri Cartier-Bresson from Infoplease:
- Cartier-Bresson: meaning and definitions - Cartier-Bresson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Henri Cartier-Bresson - Biography of Henri Cartier-Bresson, French photojournalism pioneer who snapped the liberation of Paris
- Henri Cartier-Bresson - Cartier-Bresson, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Henri , 1908–2004, French photojournalist, b. ...
- Henri Cartier Bresson: The Impassioned Eye - Starring Isabelle Huppert, Arthur Miller, Robert Delpire, Elliott Erwitt, Josef Koudelka
- still photography: The Aesthetics of Photography - The Aesthetics of Photography Seeking to determine the particular aesthetics of photography, the ...