American bicyclist, proved once again in July that he is indeed the King of the Mountains, as he breezed past his rivals to win a record-breaking sixth consecutive Tour de France race. In 1996 Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer and given only a 50% chance to live.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Lance Armstrong from Infoplease:
- Lance Armstrong - Teams, career wins, timeline, and biography
- Lance Armstrong Timeline - Read a timeline of the life and times of American cyclist Lance Armstrong
- Lance Armstrong - Lance Armstrong cyclist Born: 9/18/1971 Birthplace: Plano, Tex. When he was 13, Armstrong won the ...
- Lance Armstrong, - Lance Armstrong, 27, won the 86th Tour de France in July, only three years after being diagnosed ...
- Lance Armstrong, - Lance Armstrong, American bicyclist, proved once again in July that he is indeed the King of the ...