Alistair CookeAge: 95
British-born journalist and television and radio host whose commentary on American culture found a wide audience in both the U.S. and the UK. Cooke hosted the weekly BBC radio show Letter from America from 1946 until Feb. 2004. He also lent his sophisticated wit to Masterpiece Theatre, which he hosted from 1971 to 1992. Died: Manhattan, March 30, 2004
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Alistair Cooke from Infoplease:
- Cooke: meaning and definitions - Cooke: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alistair Cooke - Alistair Cooke journalist, broadcaster Born: 11/20/1908 Birthplace: Manchester, England ...
- Alistair Cooke - Cooke, Alistair Cooke, Alistair, 1908–2004, Anglo-American journalist, b. Salford, England, ...
- Russell Baker - Russell Baker writer Born: 1925 Birthplace: Loudoun County, Virginia Pulitzer Prize-winning ...
- The Three Faces of Eve - Starring Joanne Woodward, Lee J. Cobb, David Wayne, Edwin Jerome, Alena Murray