deputy national security adviser, took some of the blame in July for the unsubstantiated claim in President Bush's State of the Union address that Iraq had attempted to buy uranium from Niger. Bush used the information to push for a preemptive attack in Iraq. The CIA had warned Hadley twice in October 2002 that intelligence did not back up the claim.
More on Stephen Hadley from Infoplease:
- James L. Jones - Biography of James L. Jones, Barack Obama's National Security Advisor, 2009-10
- Iraq Crisis: Who's Who - Movers and shakers in the Iraq crisis
- November 2006 - November 2006 World Taiwanese President Accused of Corruption (Nov. 3): Prosecutors indict Wu ...
- November 2004 - November 2004 World Karzai Declared Official Winner (Nov. 3): Afghanistan's electoral board ...
- July 2003 - July 2003 World Thousands Protest Proposed Law in Hong Kong (July 1): About 500,000 people ...