cyclist, proved once again in July that he is indeed the King of the Mountains, as he breezed past his rivals to win his fifth consecutive Tour de France. He joined four other cyclists who have won the Tour five times. In 1996 Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer and was given only a 50% chance to live.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Lance Armstrong from Infoplease:
- Lance Armstrong - Teams, career wins, timeline, and biography
- Lance Armstrong Timeline - Read a timeline of the life and times of American cyclist Lance Armstrong
- Lance Armstrong - Lance Armstrong cyclist Born: 9/18/1971 Birthplace: Plano, Tex. When he was 13, Armstrong won the ...
- Lance Armstrong, - Lance Armstrong, 27, won the 86th Tour de France in July, only three years after being diagnosed ...
- Lance Armstrong, - Lance Armstrong, American bicyclist, proved once again in July that he is indeed the King of the ...