Benny CarterAge: 95
jazz arranger, bandleader, and composer who is considered one of the three top alto saxophonists of all time. (He shares the honor with Johnny Hodges and Charlie Parker.) Known for his meticulous performances and refined style, Carter influenced generations of jazz musicians. His hits include “Cow-Cow Boogie” and “Only Trust Your Heart.” Died: Los Angeles, July 12, 2003
More on Benny Carter from Infoplease:
- Carter: meaning and definitions - Carter: Definition and Pronunciation
- Black Musicians - Notable African-American Musicians Bessie Smith Aaliyah, singer and actress Julian ...
- Too Late Blues - Starring Bobby Darin, Stella Stevens, Everett Chambers, Nick Dennis, Vince Edwards
- Black Musicians - The following list includes African-American singers, composers, rappers, pianists, and other musicians who have contributed to the world of music, including Count Basie, Akon, Natalie Cole, Missy Elliot, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, and more.
- Recipients of Kennedy Center Honors - Recipients of Kennedy Center Honors The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., ...