June Carter CashAge: 73
country music singer and songwriter who co-wrote the 1963 hit “Ring of Fire,” a dark love song about Johnny Cash, whom she married in 1968. She began performing at age six with her family in the Carter Family band. Died: Nashville, Tenn., May 15, 2003
More on June Carter Cash from Infoplease:
- June Carter Cash - Biography of June Carter Cash, Country music legend and wife of Johnny Cash
- Reese Witherspoon - Biography of Reese Witherspoon, The Oscar-winning co-star of Walk the Line
- Johnny Cash - Cash, Johnny Cash, Johnny, 1932–2003, American singer and songwriter, b. Kingsland, Ark. Born ...
- Johnny Cash - Biography of Johnny Cash, The singer of "Folsom Prison Blues"
- country and western music - country and western music country and western music, American popular music form originating in the ...