Stephen Ambrosemilitary historian and writer
Birthplace: Whitewater, Wisconsin
Ambrose prolifically produced best-selling, authoritative war chronicles and biographies. His books, which focused mostly on World War II, include D-Day, June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II and Citizen Solders. HBO's highly acclaimed miniseries Band of Brothers, which won an Emmy Award in September, was based on his 1992 book. In early 2002 Ambrose faced criticism for using passages in his works that closely resembled those that had appeared in other sources. Died: Bay St. Louis, Miss., Oct. 13, 2002
More on Stephen Ambrose from Infoplease:
- Stephen Ambrose - Stephen Ambrose Age: 66 military historian and writer who prolifically produced best-selling, ...
- Ambrose Everett Burnside STEPHENS - Ambrose Everett Burnside STEPHENS (1862-1927) STEPHENS, Ambrose Everett Burnside, a Representative ...
- A - F - A - F Jack Henry Abbott John Agar Bob Akin Stephen Ambrose Walter Annenberg Kenneth Armitage Buck ...
- Selected Biographies: A - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters
- Top News Stories from 2002 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 2002. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data