Bernard KatzAge: 92
German-born physiologist who won a 1970 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his research on how messages are received and transmitted between nerves and muscles. Died: April 20, 2003
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Bernard Katz from Infoplease:
- Katz: meaning and definitions - Katz: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sir Bernard Katz - Katz, Sir Bernard Katz, Sir Bernard, 1911–2003, British biophysicist, b. Germany, M.D. Univ. ...
- Ulf von Euler - von Euler, Ulf von Euler, Ulf, 1905–83, Swedish physiologist and pharmacologist, Ph.D. ...
- Julius Axelrod - Axelrod, Julius Axelrod, Julius , 1912–2004, American biochemist whose work was influential ...
- Top News Stories from 1970 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1970. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data