retired U.S. Army general, was appointed in January by President Bush to serve as civil administrator in charge of reconstruction and humanitarian aid in post–Saddam Hussein Iraq. L. Paul Bremer, a former State Department counterterrorism official, replaced Garner in May, when it became clear that Garner had failed to stem the rise of civil unrest and restore order in Iraq.
More on Jay Garner from Infoplease:
- L. Paul Bremer, - L. Paul Bremer, former diplomat and counterterrorism official, took over as the top civilian ...
- No End in Sight - Starring Aida Ussayran, Ali Fadhil, Amazia Baram, Ann Gildrov, Barbara Bodine
- Iraq Crisis: Who's Who - Movers and shakers in the Iraq crisis
- Iraq Crisis, 2002–2003 - History of Iraq
- April 2003 - April 2003 World Hijackers Strike in Cuba (April 1): Suspect, Adermis Wilson Gonzalez, commandeers ...